When you’re in need of a plunge and fixed base variable speed router kit, there’s no need to look for each one of them. Try Bosch 1617EVSPK router kit, it comes with both a plunge and a fixed base. Other than that, it is also a well-received product from many users. Below are more reasons why you should consider this wood router kit.
- Holds a powerful 2.25 HP motor that can generate variable speeds of 8,000 up to 25,000 RPM
- Has a soft-start feature that helps maintain and stabilize speed under-load
- Designed with good ergonomics for comfortable handling
- Has a sleek and rugged design for improved durability
What do customers write in reviews
Just like any other wood routers out there on the market, the product has its good reviews and bad reviews. Although, you should take note that majority of the customer reviews are approvals.
- The product is has a great quality and with a good price
- It can cut through hardwoods like butter with no vibration
- It is an ideal wood router for almost all kinds of projects, big or small
- It is recommended for novice woodworkers
- The product is versatile and can handle woodworking jobs really well
- Easy to use, especially switching from plunge base to fixed base and vice versa
- The product runs smooth, quiet and easy
- There are instances when the motor gets stuck in the base
- Plunge base can sometimes be unstable and not exactly durable
- Poor design makes adjustments a little too hard
- Did not last long as it should have
If you’re on a budget and is in need of both a plunge and fixed base router, you should try considering Bosch 1617EVSPK. Despite its drawbacks, it still is a major competitor among the top-rated wood routers out there. Rather than going through each plunge routers and each fixed base routers, it would be wise to head on to a combo router kit like this one instead.